Are you All IN for Summit 2015? The annual GPUG/AXUG Summit Conference is taking place in Reno, Nev. this year from Oct. 13-16 and we can’t wait! We are proud to sponsor GPUG/AXUG again this year, and to be Premier Sponsors of GPUG.
Here’s what you won’t want to miss at GPUG/AXUG Summit this year:
Tuesday, October 13
- 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm Expo Welcome Reception
Wednesday, October 14
- 8:00 am – 9:15 am Opening Keynote Speaker
- 12:00 pm – 1:15 pm Networking Lunch
- 1:15 pm – 2:45 pm General Session
- 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm Partner Showcase Sessions
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm Expo Reception
Thursday, October 15
- 8:00 am – 9:00 am General Session
- 10:45 am – 11:45 am Partner Showcase Sessions
- 12:00 pm – 5:00 pm Expo Hall Open
Friday, October 16
- 9:45 am – 10:15 am Partner Showcase Sessions
- 10:30 am – 11:30 am Closing General Session
- 11:30 am – 1:00 pm Expo Hall Open
While you’re sure you’ll be plenty busy with GPUG/AXUG activities, if you happen to find yourself with some free time or are planning on spending a few extra days in Reno, here are some things you might want to check out:
- Visit Lake Tahoe: About 40 miles south of Reno lies Lake Tahoe, dubbed one of America’s most beautiful places. October just happens to be one of the best times to visit the park. Go mountain-biking, horseback-riding, hiking, driving, disc-golfing, kayaking and so much more! The perfect retreat for the nature-lover. Check out the Lake Tahoe Fall Guide for a complete list of things to do and see.
- Go to outer space: Fleischmann Planetarium and Science Center at the University of Nevada, Reno is a great (and free) way to spend an afternoon. The planetarium offers an array of free exhibits, as well as Fulldome Planetarium Shows (for a small admission fee). Find out what will be showing during your visit on their website.
- Get a little wild: We’re not talking about the nightlife – Take a walk on the wild side at The Animal Ark Zoo. Lions, tigers, bears (oh, my!), reptiles, raptors and so much more. The park closes to the public on the first of November, so make sure to see your favorite animal and catch a show before they shut down for the winter.
- Now we’re talking about the nightlife: Reno is well-known for its nightlife, and if you’re feeling like you need to get out on the town at the end of a crazy day at the conference, downtown Reno is the place to be! Whether you’re looking for a place to bust a move or just relax with a cocktail, there’s definitely a place that for you. The Reno-Sparks Convention and Visitors Authority provides a great list of places to enjoy in Reno and Tahoe.
Make sure to follow the Summit chatter on Twitter at #INreno15!