Heading to Microsoft Convergence next week? We are, too! As you’re packing your suitcases and checking each item off of your pre-Convergence to-do list, here are some last minute tips to help you be prepared.
- Wear comfortable shoes. With more than 300 Microsoft Dynamics partners showcasing products and services in the Expo, you’ll want to make sure you have your walking shoes on! No one wants sore feet, especially if you’re planning on spending nights out on the town. You’re sure to hit your daily 10,000-step goal!
- Make sure your devices are charged. If you’re coming with co-workers, you’ll want to guarantee that you can get ahold of each other. Your handheld devices will also be the most efficient way for you to keep up with all the buzz on social media no matter where you are. Charging stations will be available at Convergence for your convenience.
- Have a game-plan before you go. Before you even touch down in Atlanta, make sure that you’ve checked out the Convergence Session Catalog so you know when your ‘can’t-miss’ sessions are taking place. You may also want to use the Schedule Builder to make sure you’re getting the most out of your time at Convergence.
- Download the Convergence app. All the event information that you need is available on your smartphone or tablet. Check the agenda, access the Schedule Builder, fill out evaluations for speakers and stay up-to-speed on daily news and announcements.
- Get the lay of the land at the Expo. There is so much to see at the Expo, so it may be beneficial for you to do a walk-through of the Expo Experience in order to get an idea of who’s located where and which booths you want to go back and see. A sponsor and exhibitor listing is also available on the Convergence website for you to access beforehand.
- Network! The best place to meet Microsoft Dynamics partners, enthusiasts, customers, executives and experts is at Convergence, so make sure to stock up on your business cards. Introduce yourself at sessions, the expo, the bar or at chapter meetings. Whether you’re there to buy, sell or learn, there’s bound to be someone there for you to connect with and learn more about what Microsoft Dynamics has to offer.
- Engage on social media. We’re big fans of social media and we encourage you to take full advantage of all the opportunities it offers. Tweet with the Convergence hashtag #CONV15 to @MSFTConvergence and make sure to enter our Convergence Selfie Contest by taking a fun selfie at our booth and tweeting it to #CONV15selfie or @MetaViewer, or you can also post it to our Facebook page. There are some awesome prizes involved, and many other partners will be hosting their own social m
media contests and competitions!
- Watch demos. If you’re in the market for a new solution, watching demos is the best way to learn what each vendor has to offer. Most exhibitors and sponsors will have the ability to show you their product live and integrated with Microsoft Dynamics, so ask to see a demo so you can see how it works in real-time. MetaViewer will be showing live demos at Booth 427!
- Rock out. In case you haven’t heard, OneRepublic is going to be rocking Convergence this year and it’s a show that you won’t want to miss! Make sure to include the concert in your schedule, it’ll be taking place on Wednesday, March 18 from 8:00 – 11:00 pm at Philips Arena. Shuttle service from most hotels to Philips Arena will be available.
- Have fun! We speak from experience when we say that Convergence is a blast! You’ll see some new innovation, meet amazing people, listen to rockin’ music and get to spend time in the fun city of Atlanta.
We can’t wait to see you all in Atlanta next week!